Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I Sing For Many Things



[I like singing. I'm terrible, very off-key, but it's lovely to belt out something with a good beat that makes you cheerful. Lifts your whole day up a notch.]


I love the color of the sky
After a thunderous storm.
I love the smell of wet pavement,
Especially when it's still warm.
I love the warm wind,
Blowing on a cool spring day.
I love the flowers,
That pop up in May.
I love the cheer of children,
Rushing home from class.
I love to watch my sisters,
Give each other a bit of sass.
And I hum to myself,
The tune I know best.
Its the sound nature.
And well, you know the rest.
It calls to the animals
Far and wide.
And let's them know 
They don't need to hide.
No one will chase them
Or bother them today.
The kids have gone elsewhere
And it's our time to play.

[Ah spring and summer, the best seasons! (until fall which is equally nice)]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...