Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Few Pretty Petals


[This week is a bit special for me as I'm sure it is for many of you. It's mother's day this weekend and I have a mom that I like quite a lot. I also have mother-figures who've been a strength for me, holding me up. Especially my mother-in-law who is just wonderful.]


A strength like no other.
Your colors burn bright
And cheer my darkness
And bring me light.
My thoughts could be scrambled.
My life
Stuck in brambles.
But you stretch up to reach
The smallest spec of light
And by doing.
You aim to teach
Me to fight.

So this week,
This year,
This life time.
I thank you

A teacher,
A support system.
A source of constant love
And above.
Someone to lift me ever higher
But stay constant and firm
When my hopes expire.

I echo the many
As I send this message to you
I thank you for so much
The so so much you do.

[Happy Mother's day this week everyone. For all those that make the people around them feel a little more loved and little more supported. We're all mothers to each other.] 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...