Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Leading Moment


[Whenever you're wondering 'who's in charge here,' look for the person with the highest ground.]


Standing tall above high, the leader looked down at you and I. We'd lost our map, skinned our knees, we hadn't listened to our leaders pleas. It was a bad moment. I had many regrets. I could see my friend shaking with fret. But it was all for neigh, as our leader looked up to the sky, all that was heard was his long suffering sigh. My shoulders slumped, by unease was dumped, not a mean word was uttered, not even a harrumph. And so off we went on our descent, back to our home, from whence we were sent. To retrieve the item we had left, a bit of food, my friend hadn't wanted to heft. It would be a long trek, the weight of food balancing on my neck, we certainly won't be back in a sec. But soon enough still, our correction would be full-filled, and no longer will we disappoint we thought with a thrill. 

[Don't forget the food on a camping trip campers!]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...