Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday in the Trenches



[I'm back! Nothing long a long week away to remind you how much you like being home rather than away! But the food was good, the airlines on time, and the hotel was nice. So, I could complain, but I'm choosing not to.]

There was a knocking at the door.
A knocking just so.
A knocking so quiet.
I wish they'd go.

I knew who it was,
That person I knew.
They were coming to get me.
They had come right at two.

But unbeknownst to them.
I'd made other plans.
I was hopping through the connecting door.
And headed to other lands. 

No appointment for me.
No brushes and drills.
Candy is my friend.
It gives me such a thrill.

Off to Harrods for tea,
And to Piccadilly square.
To get yummy treats,
And run around on a dare.

 And then off to the gardens
To hide in the brush.
And eat candy all day.
Until I've had too much.

[Admittedly, I didn't go to London on this trip, but it sounds wonderful doesn't it?]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...