Friday, September 9, 2016

A Picnic in the Heat, Is Hard on Crochet Feet


[I watched football today. And enjoyed the play. Enjoyed the fun, enjoyed the run. But it wasn't 'my' team, if you know what I mean.]


You know Harold. We've been getting together like this for years and this is the firs time that I'm really just ready to throw in the towel and let me tell you why.

It's hot.
It's squelched,
Five minutes ago I belched.
I can't digest my food.
It's affecting my mood. 
I'm trying to be cordial,
But feeling misunderstood.

It's hot.
It's humid.
Hanging out here just feels stupid.
I can't squint,
Can't peek,
Can't find the shade that I seek.
I need air!
Cool air. 
And it's not here or there.

It's hot!
It's gross,
Really not the moment to boast.
Escaping the heat is not defeat.
I'd rather not cook into something a dog would eat.
Let's go,
No more wishy washy to and fro.
I'm deciding and I say no!

[Stay cool friends. It's going to be a hot weekend, but hopefully, this heat wave will soon end.]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...