Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Elephant on a Hill


https://www.etsy.com/listing/71053393/crochet-amigurumi-elephant-doll?ref=shop_home_active_4

I'm pretty high up.
Way up on this hill.
I can see Kansas, Texas, and Chapel Hill.

Not too much else is up here with me.
I'm all alone up here.
Just me and this tree.

I was going to tell the tree a story.
Of my plight down below.
But if it was interested, it didn't show.

So I just kept on talking.
From dusk till dawn.
Until the tree shook quietly and begun to yawn.

I guess I drag on with my stories and such.
It's hard to capture all the bits,
That make me love the story so much.

But I'm sure you get what I mean.
You've been here just as long.
And seen what I've seen.

Just one elephant.
Way up on a hill.
Telling stories to a tree named Phil.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...