Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Another Lazy Day



I watched the sun set, and then rise.
I stayed up all night and I don't know why.
I wasn't tired, wasn't sleepy,
But now I'm exhausted and probably look creepy.
My bed was so soft, my pillow just right.
But I just tossed and turned all night.
I stared at the sky and counted the stars.
One really close one, and a bunch really far.
I practiced my breathing and relaxed my whole body,
But I never fell asleep and now feel shoddy. 
My arms are so heavy, my face so numb,
Tell me Jill, will I every overcome?

Ben, they started construction last night.
You were probably being awoken by the frightful sight.
Of people digging up the trees with all their might.
It'll be a few more days,
But soon they'll go away.
And then you can sleep all day. 

Yeah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...