Thursday, January 14, 2016

I Forgot About Tomorrow


Carter nervously twitched in front of his happy parents. He'd forgotten to do his work, he'd gone to sleep instead, and now there he was ready to present his book report, but he had nothing. Not a single thing. It was awful. Finally, his mom sensed an issue and gently asked "would you like to tell us about last week's book again?" With a sigh of utter relief, Carter quickly shook his head and launched into a three part synopsis of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. His parents clapped vigorously. 

Homework and Forgetfulness

Yeah, I forgot. 
I was tired and hot.
I rolled back and forth alot.
But it didn't come to me.
Didn't breach my tired dreams.
Homework didn't mean a thing.
Now I'm here with empty hands.
And I'll do anything I can.
But is it too late?
Have I missed my shot?
I hope not. 
Because getting it right really means a lot.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...