Monday, November 16, 2015

Headed Home



In one week, I'll be headed home.
It's been a while and I'm hesitant to go alone.
I wish you were there with me to hold my hand,
But you needed to go see your mom, I understand.
I hope you have a nice trip and the weather is nice.
Up where my parents live, it's just sheets of ice.
And sometimes snow,
With the weather, you never quite know.
But don't worry about me, I'll be ok,
Just as long as they didn't invite Aunt Jackie.
But if they did, I'm sure it'll be fine.
It's not like she'll burn down something...like last time.
And mom says I can sleep in my old bed,
I just hope it's not in the basement like they said.
But the basement is nice,
No mice.
At least I don't think so, but I'll look twice.
They don't bite do they? If I put out cheese?
Oh gosh, I can't remember, do cats make me sneeze?
Mom has three and a dog named spike,
Mom says he's nice, but it's outsiders he doesn't like.
I should be ok, being family and all,
But if it all goes lopsided, do you want to meet me at the mall?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...