Monday, May 11, 2015

A Purrrrfect Day



It was sunny outside and the wind was blowing.
I didn't know what would happen, but I sure got going.
I was headed for adventure, looking for fun.
I was looking for trouble, I was on the run.
It was exciting and new being out there alone.
I threw out all my electronics, even my phone.
I stared into the fire and howled at the moon.
I was a kitty possessed! That's when I knew I was doomed.
It's not natural for a kitty to be out all alone.
There's no one to snuggle, I no longer wanted to roam.
I wanted to be with you, happy and at home.
I was homesick, I admitted with a grown.

Picking up my bag, putting out the fire,
I headed back out of the woods, past some old tires.
I took a shortcut by the river, and ran over a hill.
And when I saw home, my heart stood still.
Never again have I roamed,
Never again will I leave home,
I know where I belong,
And I think you knew all along.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...