Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blue and Gray Checkered Scarf



Just finished a new scarf. I'm calling this one the Harlequin Scarf.

There was a lot of trial and error as I didn't want to have to sew in the ends for each row, so the yarn is carried up through the whole scarf, leaving only 4 ends to sew in (2 at the beginning and 2 at the end).

It was a lot of fun to make this one and I hope it goes to someone who'll love it as much I do. It's a diamond pattern in light blue and gray, 100% acrylic. The yarn is 3-ply worsted weight, Loops & Threads, Snuggly Wuggly. Very soft.

When I dropped a color, I carried it behind and then crocheted over it when making my next row and every 2 rows (or after the diamond is formed) I added a row of double crochet using both colors. By doing this, both sides look great - no ugly side and nice side - both sides look nice.

What do you guys think of the pattern? I'm thinking of writing it up for my Ravelry store...hmm.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...