Friday, August 22, 2014

Free Crochet Alien Pattern Review



Free Crochet Alien Pattern Review

What a great week of patterns and Etsy crafters! I feel like running out and making one of my own....and I DID! This guy is from a free pattern on Ravelry that you can find HERE

This pattern was really fun to work on and was relatively easy. His head antennae and body are worked as one piece, then the feet and legs are sewn on. I think you could easily make just the head and antennae and it would be adorable, but I admit that the feet add a little something. The fangs are totally me though. It may make him look a bit more monster-like, but it works on him.

The hardest part of this pattern is the feet and it's not that they're super hard, it's just very hard to describe on paper what you're meant to do. The one thing to remember when you try out the pattern is each tow is 4 rows long and 6 single crochet stitches round. So as long as your first row is 6sc and you make 4 rows before finishing the toe off, you'll do fine. Or feel free to cry/kick/scream and/or whine on my Facebook page. I'll totally sympathize.

Next week...

Adventures in space travel! guaranteed to make you laugh, smirk and maybe giggle. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...