Sunday, January 5, 2014

Amigurumi Crochet Wine Carrying Tote


Hi crochet friends. I decided that, on occasion, it would be fun to share with you something I've been working on or just finished. (and please feel free to do the same on my facebook page)

So, in the spirit of sharing here is a picture of my amigurumi crochet wine tote. It is double layered at the bottom (just in case you drop it!) which I have found helps prevent sagging. You can tell that the bag is made using the amigurumi technique by the slanted boxes. If I were to slip stitch, ch1 and turn at the end of each row I would get an unsightly seam. By crocheting the bag this way, there is some overlap of the rows when starting a new color, but you'd need to look closely to see it. Also, the slanting boxes (or diamonds) is a dead giveaway. But there is no seam!

I've made a few of these so far (for gifts and such) and am very happy with the final pattern. It holds your standard size wine bottle, but you could get one of the fatter ones in there. You know, when you're headed on one of the extra long picnics.

I have a friend who is using hers to store plastic grocery store bags so this definitely is a multi-tasker and you can personalize it with your own colors and such. I made one with a mountain and cactus on it for my Dad who lives in Arizona.

So what have you guys been working on? I'd love to see your projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...