Monday, April 29, 2013

Did You Miss Me?


It's been 2 years since I posted, can you believe it!? Life gets busy is all I can say. I was pregnant for half that time and taking care of a baby for the other half. Also the full time job and 4 year old son were a little distracting :)

How was weveryone else's last two years? Good I hope.

So quick review of what I've been up to. Still crocheting, still running the Crochet By Karin Etsy Business and Facebook page. If you're not a follower of my Facebook page.....YOU SHOULD BE! lol. I'm also teaching an Intro to Crochet class for 2nd - 4th graders and having a blast.

Above is a picture which I'm sure you guys have seen before, I did come out with a new version with my newer eyes. In the above I was going for Kermit the Frog, but I've since moved to the rounder eye. If you click on the photo you can see the new elephant and let me know what you think of the changes I made.

I also have a number of little dolls that I've made: Bees, Owl, Baby Chick, Pig, etc. I'm currently working on turtles and bunnies.

So my biggest failure of the year thus far. Crocheted puppies! I'm trying to make them small to match my other sets but it is surprisingly hard to make a crocheted puppy that looks like a puppy. Prior attempts have been likened to sheep, cows, goats and Kudjo (I'll post a pick on Facebook later if you ask nicely).

But we all know you can't have a major success without a stunningly dramatic failure. So tell me all about it....and we'll laugh over it together :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...