Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Eight Legs and Counting



Octopus Commeth

Whew, I bet you guys are getting tired of my animal farm huh? I'm having loads of fun being inventive and I appreciate your tuning in each night to see what I've come up with. Tonight I was just so tickled by the final project that I just had to post pics for you to see. 

The legs are not stuffed, they're just very fluffy and the whole thing is made with 100% acrylic, but not my normal Michael's brand Impeccable. I got annoyed at the color I wanted not being in stock (as you know, Michael's does not have on-line ordering so you are stuck with what's available!!) sooooo I went adventuring to a new craft store and picked up Deborah Norville's Everyday Soft Worsted yarn. It's got this shmoofy quality to it, very soft and the color selection was pretty good. So there's my endorsement of the year, lol. But I will still use my other yarn for certain things - when I can get the color I want (when will Michael's learn!!!??)

So anyway, back to the hat. I would say it has 8 legs, but I found enough websites which said 6 legs and 2 arms that I'm going with that. I contemplated adding a mouth, but I don't know...I think it looks pretty cute as is. 

I've got some other animals in my mental list, but I guess I need to make the last few in multiple sizes so I'll be reverting back to my typical lines up of stitch discussion, hilarious quips and all around good fun. 

If you have an idea for a fun topic or just want to say hi, you can find me on:
Facebook and 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...