Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun at the Fair


As you all know I've spent the last month prepping for my first craft festival. Click the title of this posting to go to the festival website. Since there was NO TIME to prep a blog posting last night I thought I share some insights into prepping for a show.

One -
It is stressful, very stressful. But I hope only the first time. The first time you go to festival you need to figure out how you'll display everything and then buy those display items. You need to figure how you'll accept payment and purchase or make receipt and order forms. You'll need to get spare, 1s, 5s and 10s because most likely everyone will only have 20s because they hit the ATM on the way there. Additionally, you will need Items to sell <-- but you won't know how much or how well you'll do.

I think I did alright, but for this fair I also had to create a crafting activity for the kids. I wrote a short pattern to make a bracelet using single crochet stitch and made individual baggies with a Hook, Small ball of yarn, and paper instructions. But still, I have no idea if I mad enough. Here's a pic of the bracelet:

Oh and did I mention that the fair required a 10x10 tent over your booth, so I bought one. But the weather's been so bad lately that I couldn't bring myself to put it up. That means I'm flying blind people!!!  Don't worry, I'll take pics of the craziness for you! :)
 
Now I have my water bottle, my protein bars, some yarn and a hook in case I get bored and a lot of enthusiasm. Tonight I'll post pics of the fair, but in the mean time, here are a few of the things you will see if you come by my booth:

































See you there!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...