Friday, April 15, 2011

Front Post Shell Stitch Bowl


Organizer Bowl

So the story here is I brain stormed last night's post and came up with the front post shell stitch. Then I loved it so much I decided to go ahead and make a bowl out of it. The above picture is of the completed bowl. It took me about an hour and half to get it finished. There were a few false starts, but the main issue is always how you will take w 2-dimensional pattern and make it work in a circular format. 





Here's a picture of the completed base of the bowl. I'm just starting my first row of double crochet stitches which will be used to make the sides of the bowl. 

In this step I'm finishing my second to last row. After this last row of shell stitches I will a final row of dark blue SC and DC stitches.

To finish the top edge of the bowl I am making loops around each stitch to give it a corded appearance.




Here's what the bottom of the bowl looks like. You can see the number of strings I have to sewn in when I'm finished. It's not a huge number, but 5 or 6 can get tiring. 


Here's a top view of the bowl. You can see the concentric circles that make of the base and how the shell stitches stick out a bit along the outside. 



My finished bowl measured a little over 2 inches tall and 4-5 inches wide (5cm tall x 10-13 cm wide). I'm going to be making quite a few of these for my next craft show which I believe will be May 14, 2011 (more info to follow). I'll have to get back to you guys on how well they do. 

I've also listed this little guy on my etsy site as a custom order. That means you can order it in whatever color combo you like. Check it out and let me know your thoughts. For example, any color combos you'd like to see or not see??

As always, have a happy craft day and see you later on Facebook or Twitter.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...