Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Extended Single Crochet Stitch


Extended Single Crochet Stitch

Last week one of our featured crafters commented that she liked extended single and half double crochet stitch so I thought, lets do those! Both are super easy and fun and actually, I'd never done them before, but now think they're a pretty stitch so I might be using them more often. 

Today we're covering the extended Single Crochet, tune in tomorrow for the extended half double. And for those of you familiar with this stitch - tell me if I get it wrong, lol

For my sample I made my starter loop and crocheted 10 loops.


Next, insert you loop in the second chain from the hook (not counting the loop on the hook) and pull up a loop.





Normally you would then 'yarn over and pull through both loops on hook.' For the Extended Single Crochet you yarn over and pull through the first loop <-- this makes the extended stitch


See the added stitch? Pretty right?

Next, yarn over and pull through both loops on hook. 



Repeat across, chain 1 and turn.



This stitch is a bit taller that the single and looks a bit different from the double - check out this comparison:


The middle is the extended single, bottom is single and top is double. 

Have a bit of fun with this one and let me know what you think by posting comments to my Facebook site and Twitter feed.

Also, I'm always looking for new stitch ideas- if you have one I'll give you credit and everything! Just send me a message to the above locations. Cheers!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...