Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Baby Shoes and Hat


Green and Pink Baby Shoes

Aren't these adorable!!!! These shoes were crocheted by Angi Lee, a crafter and crochet enthusiast who's shop, Yippee Skippy offers a full array of crocheted hats, hair accessories and shoes.

I spoke to Angi Lee and she confirmed that the above shoes were crocheted using single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, triple crochet and slip stitches! Angi learned how to crochet by watching UTube videos and is now coming up with her own patterns and ideas. 

Angie's favorite stitch is the half double crochet because it "works up quickly like a [double crochet], and its nice and tight like a [single crochet]." I agree! 

Now my crochet savy readers, can you pick out the stitches in the above design? I see a few triple crochet stitches in the toe area and the straps of each shoe look like chain stitches with slip stitch back chaining. What do you think Angie, am I close??

If you want to see more of Angie's work or contact her with questions, see her Etsy site at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/yippeeskippy

--------

But what's a pair of Shoes without a matching Hat?



I don't know about you guys, but I'm a sucker for a baby in a cute hat and this one certainly fits the bill. Tracy Draper of Oceanside California was taught to crochet by a friend and now spends her small amount of free time (Tracy's a stay-at-home mom of two - Go Tracy!) crocheting beautiful hats and hair accessories. 

Tracy confirmed for me that the above hat is made of Double Crochet and Single Crochet stitches and from the look of it I would guess she used a chunky yarn. The shamrock on the side is made using single crochet, half double crochet and slip stitches and is then sewn on. I especially like that the hat is trimmed in the same color as the shamrock.

What's Tracy's favorite stitch? The Shell     

"I think it really gives some of my hats a pretty and unique look"

I agree! The shell stitch is so visually appealing - I love using it on sweaters and scarves.

To check out Tracy's other designs see her Etsy shop at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TracyDraper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...